Category: Exploring and Collecting in Queensland

19th June 1829 – exploring around Morton Bay Queensland

On this day, Allan Cunningham, after crossing the Little Liverpool Range, arrived at an elevated point overlooking Laidley Creek and the surrounding plains in Queensland.

Posted in Exploring and Collecting in Queensland, Journal Tagged with: , , ,

14th June 1829 – Exploring and Collecting in Queensland

Allan Cunningham set out on an expedition westwards along and near the Brisbane River and Lockyer Creek. Reached western extent of trip at Hay’s Peak (now known as Mount Davidson) before returning in an easterly direction.

Posted in Exploring and Collecting in Queensland, Journal Tagged with: , , ,

1st May 1829 – exploring toward Cunningham’s Gap Queensland

In May, 1829, Cunningham returned to Queensland, and in a tour of six weeks’ duration carried out further explorations, travelling westward and north-westward of his former tracks. In this journey he fixed the situation of Hay’s Peak [Mount Davidson], a conical, densely wooded mountain in 27°36′ S. and 152°8′ E. (near Toowoomba)

Posted in Exploring and Collecting in Queensland, Journal Tagged with: , ,

3 August 1828 – Cunningham climbed Mount Lindesay

On this day, 3rd August 1828, Patrick Logan, commandant of the Morton Bay colony and Allan Cunningham climbed Mount Lindesay (now Mount Barney) and sighted and named the Macpherson Range.

Posted in Exploring and Collecting in Queensland, Exploring and Collecting in the Morton Bay district, Journal Tagged with:

24th July 1828 – Estabishing a Route to the Darling Downs

On this day, 24th July 1828, Allan Cunningham and Patrick Logan, commandant of the Moreton Bay penal colony, set out from Morton Bay (Brisbane) to establish a route to the Darling Downs.

Posted in Exploring and Collecting in Queensland, Exploring and Collecting in the Morton Bay district, Journal Tagged with:

21st May 1827 – exploring the Gwydir River

On Monday 21st May 1827 Allan Cunningham and his team camped on the north bank of the Gwydir River.

Posted in Journal, Journey to the Darling Downs 1827 Tagged with:

18th May 1827 – exploring Mille Creek

On Friday 18th May 1827 Allan Cunningham and his team camped near Mille Creek on the property known as “Calamoondah”.

Posted in Exploring and Collecting in New South Wales, Exploring and Collecting in Queensland, Journal, Journey to the Darling Downs 1827 Tagged with: ,

16th May 1827 – exploring Barraba Creek

Allan Cunningham and his men camped near a rocky creek [Barraba Creek]

Posted in Exploring and Collecting in New South Wales, Exploring and Collecting in Queensland, Journal, Journey to the Darling Downs 1827 Tagged with:

13th May 1827 – exploring the Namoi River

On the 13th May 1827 Allan Cunningham and his men camped near the Mitchell (Namoi) River.

Posted in Exploring and Collecting in New South Wales, Exploring and Collecting in Queensland, Journal, Journey to the Darling Downs 1827 Tagged with: ,

30th April 1827 – heading north from Segenhoe

On April 30, 1827, Cunningham took his departure from Segenhoe. He had with him six men, eleven horses, and provisions for fourteen weeks.

Posted in Convicts, Journal, Journey to the Darling Downs 1827 Tagged with: , , , ,

26th April 1827 – arrival at Segenhoe

On this day, 26th April 1827, Allan Cunningham and his team arrived at Segenhoe

Posted in Journal, Journey to the Darling Downs 1827 Tagged with: , ,

14th October 1824 – returned to Sydney from Morton Bay

On this day, 14th October 1824, Allan Cunningham returned to Parramatta from Morton Bay. From 1st September to 14th October 1824 he’d been on an excursion to Moreton Bay exploring and collecting plants.

Posted in Arrivals and Departures, At home in Parramatta, Exploring and Collecting in Queensland, Exploring and Collecting in the Morton Bay district, Journal Tagged with: , , , ,